Sunday, August 21, 2016

We Love You All !


Update let me start by saying I am sorry it's taken so long to Update.  I know many want to keep up with J.T. .  My last actual update was not super positive . In the interim I have gotten many encouraging texts and calls.  I have spent the last week moving.  It was a Giant task to say the least. I loaded the van one night until around 4AM.  Spent the next couple of days moving in. Luckily Dr. Calendine came down and spent the week visiting with J.T , His Doctors and Therapists.  He has been so helpful through this whole process.  We probably wouldn't have gotten to The Shepherd Center without him.  We for sure wouldn't have gotten here so soon.  He is more than J.T's Doctor he is our Friend.  We are very Thankful for him.  Danny and Tommy came down for a Surprise visit.  They got to spend the day watching J.T.  go through therapy. Tecky Hicks and Chris Jones also came by for a great visit. They had an Awesome Prayer with J.T..   All these visitors allowed me to do some unpacking and cleaning up so I could finish the move .  I was trying to get our new apartment set up for when The rest of the family would arrive.  Peyton moved in at Furman and then came to help me out.  J.T.  worked very hard in therapy all week.  I finished up all of my training and did it with no problems.  Peyton, J.T. and I went to the movies Friday and watched Suicide Squad.  While Christie and Jacob where traveling down. They arrived at 9PM Friday.  We got up as a family and went to Waffle House( Scattered Smothered and Covered). .  J.T.  Had therapy and then we spent a couple of hours at our new apartment.  So much safer, more room and more accessible for J.T..  We have officially exited the Den of Inequity that was our old apartment.  We loaded up and went to watch the Braves and Nationals  play at Turner Field.   Had all sorts of ballgame food from hotdogs, Chili  cheese fries and Dippin dots.  We ran into Brian Jordan who was very nice.  We also ran into Austin Price and his family. We attended Church Sunday and had a quick good bye .  The Good Byes are so hard every time .  Peyton headed back to Furman and Christie and Jake headed home.  A huge Storm hit just as they where leaving.  Peyton ended up Hydroplaning on I-85 doing a 180 degree turn on a 6 lane road. Somehow by the Grave of God she was safe.  It is so hard being apart and it's even harder trying to protect everyone.  Please continue to Pray for our family this next year is going to contain so many challenges .  I have many praises for this week as well.  The Church Service we attended was so uplifting .  We got to spend quality time together as a family,  our Apartment is so much better,  and most of all J.T.  Had some good progress that gives us so much hope.  The news of the White Out and the Coverage was Big.  We will be traveling home and spending the weekend We will be returning to Atlanta for more extensive rehab.   Pray for Strength, Understanding, Courage, Protection and Progress.  Thank you all.  Please Continue to visit his website at www.thefightfor5.com.  #fightfor5.  One day at a time!!!   We Love You All!!!