Thursday, August 25, 2016

One day at a time!!


Update It has been a very busy week.  J.T. and I are training to transition out of in-patient after next week into day program.  We will be on our own with everything except therapy. It seems like a daunting task.  Just getting a routine and a plan will be important. Our bond is growing closer.  We get frustrated at times but he has such a good attitude that he makes it all better. With me being the only one here it seems as though I have no time for updates.  Sleep for me has been not very good. I think I have to much on my mind. I miss Christie, Jacob and Peyton dearly.  J.T.  Is working very hard on his Board and depression transfers. He is also working on sitting up on his own.  His strength and endurance training is steadily improving.  He talks non stop about all his plans for the weekend we are coming home.  To say he is excited is an understatement.   He is very excited for his teammates as they take the field Friday against Boone Go Chiefs!!!  His meds he's taking has made him a little groggy and we hope this clears up.  He was able to get in the pool Wednesday and he loved it.  I got checked off to take him myself so that's a new activity we can add.  We had Joanne and Gene Brooks stop by with there friends The Dyer's while they were in town on business.  He got a package from The Georgetown Hoyas Head Coach  Rob Sgarlata containing some gear and hand written notes from each player on their team. What a Wonderful gesture. They have added J.T. to their Roster!!!  Last night and this morning did not go all that well. He's having some issues and send tired.  Prob the Meds.  He and I both were frustrated again. He seems to have rallied. We still have a long day ahead that will finish around 6:30 then night time routine.  We have managed a couple of good meals .  Christie is working her tail off at home and really struggles being away. We are hoping to get thru this week.  Have some rest on the weekend and hit it hard next week.  Much preparation had to happen for the trip home. I have lots of help, but details worry me.  Continue to Pray and lift our Family up!!!  The ups and downs are many.  He road is hard.  Knowing that I can count on God, My Family, My Friends, My Church, and My community is so comforting.  The acts of kindness just keep happening and are so appreciated.  Thank you all!!! One day at a time!!! #fightfor5