Thursday, September 15, 2016

We miss our Home and Our Community. God Bless You All.


Update. I am sorry it's taken so long to update ,  but now that his in in out-patient .  Our Schedule especially mine is non-stop.  I jokingly refer to myself as a Doc-Tech-Nurse.  I will try my best to at least update weekly.  The daily Narrative is just not possible.  We jumped into the Day Program with Orientation and Therapy last week.  The Freedom we have is Good.  The adjustment to fitting in everything is somewhat overwhelming. After the Amazing but tiring weekend  we had at home we pretty much crashed mid week. He was just so tired.  He has set many Goals in getting better at every day things and also long term Goals of getting more flexibility , strength, movement and ultimately Walking.  As I have always said this is truly a Marathon not a Sprint.  By Thursday evening we had things organized and seemed to have our heads above water as far as our routine.  At times he still has to wake up every 4 hours for care which is very tiresome.  We are attempting to adjust his schedule for more rest which he needs dearly.  Their are so many extra things I feel like I need to be doing but just can't seem to fit it all in.  Friday Christie arrived we had missed her so much.  She still struggles with everyone being apart as do I.  For the weekend we had no plans.  As much as he needed the weekend at home he and all of us needed a weekend of Sleeping, eating, resting and watching Football.  The R&R we got was so good.  We just bought some groceries and stayed in.  This week he has had more energy and he seems to be doing well.  I am Amazed at the Positive Attitude he has. He just never gets down.  Myself well I am sometimes frustrated as I want so much more for him.  I have tried to give him normalcy by trying my best to do for him what his Wonderful Mother would do.  So I have been fixing him Breakfast and Supper.  I am in no way as good as Christie but I can Grill things and fix Cheese Burger Mac.  He needs to add weight for strength and for the simple fact that he has lost around 35-40 lbs since the accident.  He is so skinny.  We have had concerns over skin issues due to being so bony.  We are trying to get a plan for so many of his personal care needs and that struggle will not be sorted out soon. It's just trial and error and improvement.  Plans are flowing well at home for his room.  We were given our discharge date for Day Program and that is Oct 14th.  We also have a date of Oct 17th for his transition into Beyond Therapy.  We are so Thankful that this plan is in place.  It's still one day at a time but that should put our arrival home at Sometime around Thanksgiving.  What a Wonderful Day that will be.  He is a barrel  of laughs and loves getting to spend time texting and face timing friends.  We had tickets to the Battle of Bristol but that was just not the best decision. Friday night he listened intently to the exciting Win the Chiefs had over Cocke County.  Saturday we prepared all day to Watch The Big Orange Whip Va.Tech.  I admittedly had mixed feeling because Jacob was at the game and it broke my heart not to be there with him.  He had a Great time and said his favorite thing about the game was the National Anthem and tribute to our Great Country.  This made me proud.  Peyton is busy at Furman and we miss her too.  I am so sorry that I can't update more but we still desire your Prayers and Genuinely appreciate everyone Concern.  On that note JT was very upset at the tragic accident that happened to the young Raybun girl,  her boyfriend Sanders and the whole Boone community.  He actually was friends with the Raybun girl and spoke highly of her.  The whole Boone community and especially their families are in our Prayers.  I have visited with Aaron Wilder here at Shepherd and they need your Prayers too. We also continue to Pray for Logan Condra.    Sorry for the long post.  Just wanted you to know that JT is Fighting everyday.  We miss our Home and Our Community.  God Bless You All.  #fightfor5