Thursday, June 16, 2016

Please Keep JT and his Family in your Prayers


Jimmy Brooks Update 6-15-2016: 
I did not post yesterday out of Respect for my Mother.  She is home watching over us all as we continue to fight this Battle.  I was Blessed to have her .  She was and will be an inspiration to me.  I Love her and already miss her so much. 

    Life moves forward and Our Fight Will not stop. 

J.T.  While shaken and upset was mostly concerned for me and the rest of our family concerning mom's Passing.  He knew that he still had to keep going.  He had some excellent yet tiring rehab these past two days.  His therapist continue to say that he is doing Great.  They are Genuinely Impressed with his determination and Strength.   For him to start out like he did let them know they have a fighter  and a competitor on their hands.  His endurance  will get better. 

   We have had some problems regarding his ability to eat solid foods and in particular to take in enough calories ( around 3500 to 4000). For him to get what he needs for rehab.  The plan now is to put  In a feeding tube which will enable him to get his calories while still progressing with his swallowing at his pace instead of forcing things.  This also helps keep the focus on moving toward breathing on his own which is priority number one.  He continues to take lower doses of medicine and tries to get his days and nights back on track.  The feeding tube Surgery will take place  tomorrow.  I will post pictures that tell all the story I need to tell.  Please pray for a safe surgery, Rest , Courage and Healing.  Also say a prayer for Jacob who is away from us st 4-H Camp and for my two brothers as they deal with  Mom's arrangements without my help.  Thank you all for your , Concern, Love and your Prayers.   God Bless #fightfor5